Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Rain storm and then some

I was able to experience my first tropical storm last week Saturday. It rained pretty for around 20 hours. We lost power for a couple days and didn´t have water for a few days and had to carry it from a nearby source. We were supposed to attend a Mayan ceremony but that got cancled because of the excessive rain, so we had three days of rest because Monday´s activities were also cancled. I got in some good quality time with my host family especially my two host brothers who are 8 and 11.

I have sucessfuly made it to the spanish level required but the Peace Corps to be sworn in as a Volunteer but I still have a long ways to go. It´s a good feeling to have that down but I still wish I could be a lot further along. As they say here I will get there "poco a poco" or little by little.

We are heading out on Field Based Training which entails a group of 6 or so training working at a current volunteers site. We will be putting into practice a lot of the technical skills we have been learning for the past month. I am excited to get to the point of working hands on doing things that I could potentially be doing at my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment