Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Getting a better attitude :)

I am surprise how much I have grown while being here. I mean I expected to grow but not so much in the first 4 months here. Through the time of being here, I have really begun to feel that this is where God wants me to be. I have followed His calling to get here. I was a little freaked out about the whole experience but not following God's calling can be a whole lot more freaky (just think of Jonah!). I haven't had the privilege of joining a church, but I feel like I have really had the opportunity to make my faith my own. I think going to church in the states became such a habit and it lost some of it's significance. I have been keeping up with sermons from my church back home and I feel like I can glean so much more from the message. I really feel in step with God being here and I feel like He is showing me a lot.

On a slightly different note, I have recently started reading Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. This is a second attempt at finishing the book (I am not good at sticking with books long enough to finish them and this time I plan on reading the whole thing in a short amount of time. I also take a long time to read books and then forget some of what I have read earlier on, making it hard to get the idea that the book is trying to get out. I am hoping that both of my bad habits in reading books will be changed while I am in the Peace Corps. I guess it was just that I always felt like I had other things that I should be doing instead of reading, not so much the case here :) ) The book is about living as an "ordinary radical" which pretty much boils down to living how Jesus lived, befriending the not so good people of this world and being in community with them, living out faith in every aspect of life. In the book Shane talks about how we have to go where we are called (everyone is different, called to different things according to their passions and gifts) and where ever we are called we must live out our faith there. So I guess tying this back to the first paragraph, this is my calling here and I shall live out my faith in the situation that I am in, not thinking that there shall be another time for it, but knowing the time is now. Getting on track with this thought and idea, has helped me to be more content in my time here. I have been through a lot of difficult times here and to be honest haven't really had the best attitude but now that I have this information in my head, about how it's really supposed to be, I think it's going to make this experience a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment