Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's a slow go

Here I am again,
It's another day at the Health Post and things continue to be a slow go. I feel like there is something I could be doing to better fill my time and be more productive but it seems to be a challenge as I don't really know the communities well yet or what the exact role is of many of the people that work here in the health post. Things seemed to run at a slower pace anyways here and I have been told that the first three months as a volunteer are going to be a slow start, so I guess I have from now until mid October to get used to the pace and figure things out. I mean it took me about that long to feel like I was fitting in in my training community and then I have to leave to move out to my site.So I am figuring out how to post pictures on my blog or rather I have a good enough internet connection to do it along with the patience. I have posted some pictures of my room where I will be living probably for the next two years. I really like the set up and the family is really nice and hospitable.
This was my first major purchase, a bed,which I am extremely thankful to have as before I was sleeping on the floor with my sleeping mat and sleeping bag.
This is one of the doors to my room that goes out to a balcony in front.

This is the view from my balcony, zoomed in a little to cut out the highway that is between my and this amazing few, a sunset.

This is the same door that is featured in the photo above, only with my pile of stuff on my table.

I still need to get more furniture and things for my room. It doesn't feel like home quite yet but I hope it will sometime soon.
Here are a few pictures from our swear in which took place on Friday July 15th.

A shot with the US ambassador and my training group (we all lived in the same town for training with different families)

This is my program director, a great man to say the least, he definitely has his heart in what he is doing.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and hopefully I will be posting more soon :)

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment