Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Following God's calling

I have been growing so much in my faith, and the Lord has provided some great experiences and materials to do so. I have had more time to read down here as most of you know and this has been a great blessing to me. My latest read is the Irresistable Revolution. This book has put a lot of thoughts into my head and it has been great! The author has been talking a lot about getting back to the fundamentals of Christianity, pretty much loving your neighbor as yourself and what that means in this contemporary world. I tried reading this book a few years back but it just did catch my interest at that point in time. I think God was waiting to give me the message here, where I will received with a much more open heart and mind. The book talks about how we should be considering how the commandment of loving thy neighbor is reflected in our day to day actions, like the things we buy, the causes we support, how we spend our free time and much more. It talks about putting a face to the issues in this world. Realizing that turning a blind eye to the troubles in this world is the same as if we ourselves were inflicting harm to those affected by the bad things of this world. We should be standing up for the rights of others, but this shouldn’t be through yelling, commotion and violence but out of love, be that still small voice that says “hey, maybe this isn‘t right, why should it have to be like this?” It is so much easier to hate and fight wars then it is to see the face behind all of the issues and realize that people on both sides of the issue are lost in this world doomed for destruction unless we cling to the love of God shown forth in the sacrifice of Christ and even though we may be redeemed by love we are still sinners and we still make mistakes. Realizing that none of us are perfect and that forgiveness should be at the root of all our relationships is a great start to living out the Christian faith in this contemporary world.

A quote from the book that I have really come to appreciate in my time here: “ I have come to see that we Christians are not called to safety, but we are promised that God will be with us when we are in danger, and there is no better place to be than in the hands of God.’ Perhaps the most dangerous place for a Christian to be is in safety and comfort.” I am for sure not in a place of comfort but one of change and uncomfortable situations. The cool thing is though is that I feel at peace. I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be at this point in time. Although humanly speaking sometimes I wish I could be back home where it were easier and I could be around things that I know and am comfortable with. I take those feelings as they come and really try to look beyond them, see the deep value of this amazing experience here.

I am so excited about all that God has shown me so far and I look forward to where the next two years here will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment