Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back into the swing of things

Hey there,

Made it back to Guatemala yesterday after spending 15 days back home in Michigan. It was a great time seeing friends and family but also very stressful as I tried to reconnect with everyone. I got in late afternoon yesterday and was a little sad of having to leave my friends and family and being super tired didn't really help. Today is much better. I traveled out to the PC office to pick up my new phone and now I will be able to call other volunteers and PC staff for free. This should help save a little money that I previously had to spend on my phone. I still have my old phone but I am going to phase it out with time so if you want my new number just shoot me an e-mail and I can get it to you. When I was at the PC office today I saw the new trainees coming in. Today was their second day in country and it made me feel better to see them, knowing that I have been through that whole transition, just remembering all that I have been through and how it's gotten better since then.

I am excited to get back into my work here. I plan on spending tomorrow doing some planning for the next few months. I am looking forward to be able to plan ahead a little further into the future than before. I am starting training for my health promoter groups this coming week. I will be doing training with them for the next 6 months which will put me into July.

I just found out that we got some new staff at the health center including two new educators, that replaced the old ones we had. I am excited to work with them as the previous ones we had lacked some motivation and were a little challenging to work with. I am hoping that they are more driven in their work and willing to take on what my sitemate and I are doing here.

Update on my new place: So I thought I was going to be able to move in this weekend but it looks like that isn't going to happen. I checked in with them before I left for the states to make sure it would be done and it seemed like a lot of work to do during the two weeks I would be gone to allow me to move in this weekend. The actual landlord wasn't there when I stopped in today (though I was told he would be) but I was told by his wife that it would be another month, so now we are looking at February 10th. I am going to talk with one of my counterparts tomorrow and see what suggestions he has about the situation. I am not a big fan of them continually telling me it will be done and then it not happening, I never really know whether or not to believe them. I am learning patience, that's for sure.

Prayer request:
-That I would have patience and wisdom in dealing with my housing issue.

-For continued guidance as I make plans for my health promoter groups.

-That I may be able to find some good Christian fellowship as that has been lacking in my time here.

Thanks so much!

Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment