Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Current Frustration

As most of you know I have been waiting for my new place to get finished up so that I can move. I originally found it at the end of September and was told then that the work would be done and the end of November. The end of November came and went without anything being completed. I was hoping to move in after my return from Christmas vacation in the States and confirmed this before I left but came back to the place still not complete. The latest time of completion that I have is the end of this month. I am really hoping that this gets done because I am not sure how much longer I can take it. After checking in upon my return and finding it still not done I spoke with my counterpart about what I should do. He is a respected man in my community so I thought he would be able to make somethings happen, it worked out well for my sitemate when she had issues and brought him along to figure stuff out, so I am hoping the same for my issue.

I am more than ready to get out of my current living situation, my patience has truly been tested. There is always something going on where I live and there isn't much space I have to myself. My host dad has his business upstairs, directly above my room, where his workers make shirts and school uniforms. Lately they have been working late, one night I woke up around 2am and they were still working and making noise. Most times I can fall asleep ok with my earplugs in but I would really like to not have to use them. It's currently the busy time for them because of the beginning of school, making uniforms for gym classes and other school related necessities.

I haven't really settled down totally where I am currently living because I don't feel like I can. I don't have much room and things are always cluttered. I am craving some organization and I hope to by some shelves to help out with this once I get into my new place. There are many things that I have wanted to buy in order to make my life here a little more comfortable but I am holding off because I don't want to buy stuff that I don't have room for right now and that will only take up extra space and effort when I move. One of my stress relief activities is baking. I have been unable to do this for a while. I was looking at buying a small toaster oven to use to bake things but my host dad told me that it would use to much electricity so I couldn't have one where I live now.

Relations with my current host family have been challenging. There is much inconsistency in how they relate to me. Some days they will talk to me and then there will be other days that I feel like such a burden to them. The lack of direct communication has been a challenge to deal with as well.

In all of this I feel like I have really learned a lot of patience but I am not sure how much further I can take this. Please pray that I can continue to cultivate the needed patience and communication to make everything go well. Also pray that my new housing option may done soon. From what I have seen, the work that needs to be done shouldn't take long if they put themselves to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment