Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The great gain of contentment

"Godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it."

I just finished reading a devotional about how our sub-culture as Christians is focused so much on the future and not in the present. At the end of the reading, there was a question presented:

How can you balance living fully today while still hoping for your future?

I thought about this for a second and contentment came to mind. If we are content in our current place in life and trust that God knows what He is doing, I believe that we can find the balance between our mindset of the present and the future.

My thoughts also traveled to the thought of why contentment is so hard to come by. Why do we live in a culture that constantly tells us that more is better? When we get more we find that we are not satisfied and continue to want, until we bring trouble and hardship upon ourselves from living beyond our means. I believe that these messages make it a challenge for any follower of Christ to find true contentment, not that it isn't possible, just super hard to come by.

I feel as though God has been cultivating contentment in me as I am here serving in the Peace Corps. Making the choice to be here serving was also a choice to leave by things that I have always know, loved ones, familiar surroundings, and familiar habits. Contentment has been a challenge here, but I am learning to see what it is that I really need in life and to be truly thankful for all that I have. It is through this experience that I am able to see how much God has supplied me well beyond my basic needs. I should be more than content in life as I have many blessings from an amazingly awesome God.

I am hoping that as I continue here that I will continue to grow in contentment and be able to return to the States at the end of my time here as a changed person, one changed for the better. That I may be able to live out more than just the length of my life but also the depth, that when I finish my time here on earth, I will be remembered as one who lived life for all that it was worth, who squeezed every drop out of it and that all in all ran the race of faith to the finish line without ever letting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment