Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Perspective is everything

Learning contentment is always a challenge, but I feel like things are coming more in to perspective with my time here in Guatemala. There are many things that I have to be thankful for and there are situations that I just don't want to deal with that could be much worse. Life is all how you look at it.

After reading the blog of a fellow PCV friend who is terminating her service early and understanding her struggles, I feel like I can get a better perspective of my time here and how great of an experience it has been. I am truly thankful for all of the great friends that I have made with Guatemalans. I love the health center staff, with the exception of a few who get on my nerves every once in a while, and I love just hanging out with them a sharing life. It is also nice to have the staff that are behind what we are doing as PCVs and seeks to support us in our endeavors. And, though I am not a huge fan of living my my host family, they are nice and give me some space.

Speaking of my living arrangement, I check in today on my other place hoping for some good news. I was thinking the news had to be good because they had been working on it as I passed it this past week, but to my dismay, I was informed that it would still be 20 days. I feel like I am dealing with the boy who cried wolf. They have told me a handful of times before that it would be completed by a certain day and that day would come and go with no significant sign of progress. I just can't help but sit in that mindset that it won't really be done in 20 days but part of my really wants to. All I can do now is wait and trust in God's timing, knowing that I am where I am supposed to be at this point in time. He has me here to teach me and allow me to grow closer to the person he created me to be.

Please pray that I may continue to have patience and trust God with His timing in this situation and others.

Much love to all,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment