Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Sitting in the sun

Per request of my mother I am going to try to post more blog entrys.

Right now I am sitting in the sun at the health center. I normally sit inside but it's too cold in the shade and the sun feels amazing. It's been getting cooler here but still not as cold as it is in MI. At night it's around 57 degrees and during the day if the sun is shining it can be in the high 60's or 70's. It feels a lot colder here though because I don't really have an escape from the coldness. There are no heaters here except for the wood burning cookstove. Last night when I went to bed my room was 57 degrees and it was a challenge to get to sleep in the coldness. I can't get to sleep unless I am warm and cozy in my bed, to get to this point sometimes I have to wear layers to bed including two sweatshirts and sleep in my sleeping bag rated for 30 degrees. Maybe a heated blanket will be on the list of things to bring back from the states. I like winter and coldness but my most favorite part of winter is curling up in a warm house possibly near a fire and with hot chocolate. I don't like being out in the cold too long. I am ok with being in the sun for now, bet you wish you could be here too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment