Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where is the snow?

So I have been trying to get over this cold that I have had for about a week now. I feel like I am more susceptible with this more stressful situation that I am in. But anyways, today I took the afternoon off to rest and try to get over this stupid cold. I took some ibuprofen and benedryl and then laid down for what turned out to be about a 3 and half hour nap, quite long but refreshing. After I got up I thought I should go for a walk to get out of my room and make myself tired enough to sleep tonight. While I was out I was able to witness the sun setting and it was gorgeous. It was pretty to see setting behind the mountains with the twilight hanging around. It felt like one of those fall evenings when it's just leaving summer and cooling off, not too cool but kindof refreshing. I really enjoyed it! On my walk I was thinking about how different the weather is here and how it really effects how I perceive the time of year. It doesn't feel like November and I was caught off guard when I was reading facebook and noticed that yesterday was opening day for rifle deer season in MI. It doesn't feel like it should be happening now but it is. Sometimes I feel like everyone else back home is experiencing the same weather as I am here because we have all experienced the same weather together for as long as I have known them. And I know it's not going to feel like Christmas until I get off the plane in MI and see the snow. I liked all the snow as a kid but once I had to start driving in it I didn't like it as much. Not having it cool off and see leaves or snow falling really makes it a challenge to transition into the season here. Even thought MI winters suck, they have been in my life for 23 years and it's just so weird not having them here. I think I might be able to get used to it though :) Hope life is going good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment