Would you like to make a tax deductible donation to my future projects?

Hello Fellow Blog Readers:

To those of you who are interested, I will be setting up an account that will allow you to make tax deductible donations to the projects I will be working on my second year. I will be spending my first year working on education. Then in my second year, I will determine families that are in need of a project in order for them to better their health. Projects could include, an improved cook stove, latrine, cement floor, water storage system, or drainage system. Criteria for recipients of projects will also be based on families dedication to the educational health talks that I will be giving and how great their desire is to better their health. More details to come concerning cost break down as it becomes available.

I am giving you a heads up so that you can start putting money away for this now if you so desire, maybe you have something you can give up and instead of spending the money you can send it towards a good cause. I will be setting up a fund when the time gets closer to begin my projects.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Weekend away

Hello all,
So I spent this past weekend at a hostel on Lake Atitlan. I have heard it's one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. I'll post the link to pictures at the end of the post and you can see for yourself. I stayed at a place that gives PCV's 25% off the room which is amazing! It was a really chill place with a small bar, kitchen and family style dinners. It was fun hanging out with people from all over, playing cards and watching some satellite television that comes in from LA. I learned the art of doing a whole lot of nothing and being ok with it. It was significantly warmer at the lake and I took some time to soak up some rays. It was at least in the 80's there quite possibly hotter. I spent three nights out there. On Saturday we headed out to Panajachel to check out the touristy things and grab an all American burger at the cookout that happens every Saturday...delish :) I also did a little swimming in the lake but it was rocky and there wasn't much of a beach area so I didn't stay long. It was refreshing while it lasted. Sunday was an attempted hike to San Marcos, another city on the Lake. It's a three hour hike there. We had some trouble finding the correct path and accidentally went on someone's private property. The lady was a little mad but sent us in the right direction. After we came to a fork in the path and not really knowing which way to go we opted not to take the hike. Guess we will just save it for another day. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and hanging out in the hammocks. At night while we were waiting for dinner we played a friendly game of "Bullshit" with others that were staying there. There were less people for the family style dinner on Sunday night so we finally got to sit at the main table. We had some good conversations getting to know some of the people staying there. Monday was a little bit more relaxing, reading and soaking up some rays and after lunch we headed out but not without the good news that this place has a full out Thanksgiving Day spread for around 90Q and adding in the satellite tv from the States bringing in some good old American football should make for a pleasant experience. So long for now, off for a run :)

Photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2475076&id=22423429&l=5148860056
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2462664&id=22423429&l=efd840bf76

No comments:

Post a Comment